Re: Not out of the woods yet was Re: Boring TS4 Install Question

Phil-

I'm not sure it was a good idea to overwrite your .ini
files. I assume you ran the ssiact.exe program to
determine computer speed. I know that program puts
statements into your autoexec.bat and system.ini file;
it may put statements in other .ini files that you
subsequestly changed. Just a guess.

> 6.  Fired it up.  Everything works great - all the
> setup was retained from
> my old computer.  EXCEPT there is a big problem in
> recognizing the dongle.
> I could get things to go, but just barely.  Had to
> hit the "retry" button
> dozens of times.  It took some finesse.  Hit it too
> fast and the program
> would crash.  Too slow and you never get in, you
> could try all day.. A huge
> pain!

=====
JFB