Re: Export ELS protected

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:41:34 -0800 Rivky <rivky@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Well, if my indicator really IS the holy grail, then I presume the
>probability of it being cracked is greatly enhanced, isn't it?

Nope.  The EL code is not inside a protected ELS.  That is why you cannot get it out.  It is not in there.  The best that anyone could do would be to take the assembly-level language and try to reverse-engineer what that language is doing in memory locations in the computer.  They would be working with bits and bytes and binary numbers...  they would not be trying to "crack" your code.

>I'm sure I couldn't! The problem is, I know that there are some
>nice, honest people out there who are making a LIVING from cracking
>trading-related software, and they're the ones I'm worried about!

Dude!  The reason you can't get the code out is NOT because you don't have the skills.  It is because the code is not there to be gotten out.  There is nothing to "crack".  This is the big change that was made from the TS 4.0 protection scheme.  Don't you think that if it were really possible to reverse-engineer the assembly language that someone would have done it with some of the protected .dll's or protected ELS's that are out there?  Of all the cracked software out there, no one has ever offered for sale a "cracked" protected ELS.  Why do you think that is?

OM