Re: FW: Random walk

Brent I get bent out of shape when some neophyte tyro starts emailing
me personally with his nonsense.  You know nothing but insist on
spouting your childish crap on the list.  You add nothing so please go
elsewhere.

Jimmy

Brent> Interesting Eric, have you tested any data with a random trade generator
Brent> that proves that money management is more important?

Brent> I did a lot of testing at one time.

Brent> What details are you interested in.

Brent> I have also tested the idea that the 1st and last hour of trading mean
Brent> something.

Brent> Really, the market isn't able to absorb sudden increases in volume. I guess
Brent> I should ask what market, where and when.

Brent> I'm kind of disappointed, I thought someone here could come up with a good
Brent> definition of non-randomness.

Brent> It's kind of fun though to see some persons get really bent out of shape
Brent> about it though.

Brent> Brent

Brent> -----Original Message-----
Brent> From: Eric Svendsen [mailto:esvendsen@xxxxxxxx]
Brent> Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 12:41 PM
Brent> To: Brent
Brent> Cc: OmegaList
Brent> Subject: Re: Random walk

Brent> A random trade generator illustrates that money management is more important
Brent> to successful trading than good entries.

Brent> Care to share some details?

Brent> On the otherhand, I would suggest 1st and last hour of trading day are
Brent> intent driven = non-random.

Brent> The market is not able to absorb the sudden increases in volume, and so
Brent> there is pressure in a particular direction.

Brent> Institutional traders will act both at particular times and on some days
Brent> more than others.

Brent> Eric Svendsen