Pascal's Wager (was Random Walk)

Duke wrote:
>Brent, I can't prove there is a God but I always choose to be long that
>position. Being short is a drawdown that I don't ever want to face.  :-)

That's the cleverest way to state Pascal's Wager that I have ever
read!

But shouldn't religious belief be a matter of faith, and not a
matter of cost-benefit analysis?  It brings to mind a question of
what God would do if faced with a choice between favoring someone
who practices hypocritical piety (belief as a wager) over honest
disbelief (atheism).  If I were God, I'd prefer true belief instead
of those two choices, but if faced with those two choices I'd have
to favor honesty, even if it meant my subject didn't believe.

Wayyy off topic.  Sorry.  Back to trading talk.

-Alex