Re: FW: Random walk

> If you doubt it, just tell me what the exact price of the Dow will be 5 days from today at 9:00est...

This kind of absurd comment always pops up. It proves squat.
Is the outcome at a roulette wheel predictable from spin to spin? No. OTOH, is the composite outcome random, or does it favor the house?

OK, Buzy Schwartz (publicly) made about 1000%+/-/year for about ten years against worst drawdowns of about 3%/month... and (Vince) nearly all in very short term trades. The random walkers say: "If you dig enough holes to make swimming pools sometimes you'll strike gold by (random) luck.... Almost every day, every week, every month for ten years Schwartz "got lucky" and found gold where ever he dug a hole.

> Could the truth be that the markets are both random and non-random? I guess that you didn't think of that.

DOH! Brilliant Homer! This is what trading is all about: knowing the difference between a high and low probability
trading situation and acting on them in a consistent fashion.

Willy