Re: OT: Monitors

Jim:

In place of a 'cheep and nasty CRT' consider purchase of
the very best Flat Panel that exists in the market.
Ignore the price, they go for about $3,000.

Why?
'Cheep and nasty' CRTs destroy your eyes.  After 20 years
in the software business, I developed central sirus
retinothopy, a blind spot in one eye.  Eventually,
a professor of eye surgery identified the problem and my
eye is recovering.  Treatment: 6 months of rest.
(Translation, 6 months of unemployment, if you happen
to be software consultant.)
The eye surgery professor assured me that 95% of
the patient with this problems are: (1) white males
btwn 20-40 yrs old; (2) have multiple college degrees;
(3) type A personality ; work full time on computers
such as software consultants, lawyers, accountants.

So, use my bad experiance as warning.
Save your eyes.

Leslie