Re: General Input on what is missing with System Testing and Optimization

  • To: stnahc@xxxxxxxx (Lawrence Chan)
  • Subject: Re: General Input on what is missing with System Testing and Optimization
  • From: alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alex Matulich)
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 13:13:39 -0800

>Say, do you really read all of the reports in the performance window?
>Do you have interesting ways in using the optimization results?

I can only speak from TS2000i experience:

The primary thing I would want from TS's optimization capability is
to be able to optimize MY OWN measurement, rather than be restricted
to the canned ones TS offers.

The way I'd like it to work is this: have some internal variable
with a reserved name, such as ValueToOptimize.  TS would optimize
against this variable always -- ValueToOptimize would normally be
set (internally to TS) to one of the canned optimization values.
However, if I select "Custom optimization" from the list of canned
values, TS would expect me to set ValueToOptimize within my own
code.

Speaking as a programmer, this seems like a trivially simple thing
to implement.

(And before Volker jumps in, YES, I know already WealthLab can
optimize against any arbitrary value the user would want.)

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com