Re: Re[2]: PushPOP now for download

cwest wrote:
>www.traders2traders.com isn't configured to "hurt" anyone's browser
>and/or PC. The site assumes that one's browser or the way it's
>configured works or complies with reasonable convention.

Well, "reasonable convention" should be standards set by the World
Wide Web Consortium at www.w3.org.

>I'm surprised you wrote what you did. In your case, as you use
>Opera, all that's necessary is to switch to emulate IE when you
>visit the site and everything will work. At least it did for me and
>one other Opera user I've encountered.

One of Opera's selling points is it's really the only browser in
existence that complies strictly with w3.org's standards.  A site
that doesn't work with Opera likely doesn't comply with "reasonable
convention."

Ironically, IE does not comply either, despite Microsoft
being a member of w3.  (And I found it amusing that Microsoft
recently blocked Opera browsers from one of its sites because of
"noncompliance" with the standards, when that same Microsoft website
failed all compliance tests itself.)

>As for "your" privacy protection issue, it's an unrealistic myth.

No it's not, but privacy protection doesn't appear to be an issue
with www.traders2traders.com.  They have a good privacy policy.  Any
browser features that can be used to violate privacy, they don't
use.

-Alex