Re: Don't upgrade: WinXP slower than Win2K

I just upgraded from Win2K to XP. I think you are right, for purely trading
purposes if you are happy with your Win2K setup there is not much reason to
change.  However, I do find XP boots more quickly, the interface is better,
it is more compatible with older software, and it installs new hardware a
lot more easily. I have Win2K and ProSuite on one box and don't plan to
change that, and XP and TS 6 on another box that also runs many other
applications, and I am very happy I upgraded that one.

> I can't think of a single reason to upgrade my win 2000 for trading.  It
> works essentially perfectly.  Why would I want to spend the money and more
> importantly the time for a little speed increase that may or may not
> materialize?  Upgrading to win 2000 to get over nt's defrag problems was
one
> thing, but XP doesn't seem to offer anything materially new for a TS user.
> Upgrading OSs is a total pain, inevitably something won't work right...am
> missing something?  Maybe it is something to consider for a new
computer...