Note to TRAD regarding new brokerage account requirement

Dear TRAD,

I am sending this here since I want to share it and I
know you guys read this list.  As I understand, TRAD
recently decided to only sell their product, now
Tradestation 6, only to people who have a brokerage
account.  This seems like a good idea, since most
revenues are due to commissions, not data feed or
measly subscription charges.

However, I think it is important that you in some way
change this policy if your company is to be
profitable.  The reason is not obvious.  It has to
with the strange nature of this business.  You see,
trading is something that takes years to master.  And
most of today's high-volume traders (the juicy
accounts you want) at some point were small timers.
So to get high rollers, you actually want to get tiny
traders hooked on using Easy Language / Tradestation
first.  Then just wait.

The problem with the new policy is that there is no
10-day free trial (in fact, the new minimum
Tradestation trial cost is $50,000 if I am correct),
so no "newbies" are going use Tradestation.  They will
use Metastock (or even something else) and when <30%
of them become high rollers they will stick with that.

I suggest you bring back the free trial.  Decouple
Tradestation 6 from the brokerage stuff even if you
have to double the monthly cost.  Or face certain
extinction.

Sincerely,
Jack