Re: Manual Risk Trailing Stop after Floor on Entry Bar

> Mark, I do not really undestand the basis of your comment.

I'll see if I can be a little more diplomatic about it than Mark. :-)

In general, you don't want to have more than one trade per bar because,
looking at an OHLC bar, you don't know the order the ticks came in.
Which happened first, the high or the low? Did it swing several times
between the high and low that day? Did you enter, immediately get
stopped out for a loss, and then watch the market move the way you
thought it would? There is no way to tell from only 4 OHLC data points.

The built in TS stops will make an assumption about the tick order but
it's just that, an assumption. TS will happily report profitable trades
that would have been losers realtime. The built-in stops can't be
trusted and you should never ever use them. The reason you can't code
stops in EL that work the same is because the built-in stops are fake
and EL only lets you code things that are real. :-)

Bottom line, if you want to trade more than once a day, you need
intraday data.

--
  Dennis