From: "Igor Kaplun" <ikaplun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "OMEGA-LIST" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 9:03 AM
Subject: "at what point 25 is equal to 15?"

Hello,  LIST

Ok, the question was "at what point 25 is equal to 15?"

Looks like no one understands my question. Actually, not many people
see it as a question. They see it as a headache.
We live in a world that requires to think more practically than
creatively. At that point opened mind is shut down and calculates
answers that requires to say "yes or no". If we do not know or cannot
recognize not a standard question, then we go to a dictionary,
searching internet and all kind of books for the answer. All our
problems, as I see it, start right there and we think very often not
further than our nose.

OK,  - here is the answer. I learned it myself several days ago. But
in a way it is fascinating.
I was walking out of the building in midtown of Manhattan.
Before exiting it, I asked a porter: "Hey buddy, what time is it?"
He looked at me and answered: "Quarter past three", - but I did not
get it.
I asked again: "Pardon me?"
He looked at the watch and said: "Yeah, fifteen past three ... same
thing,"
and smiled to me. He is actually stated, without knowing, that 25
equals 15.
That is the answer.

Val