From: David Demetre [mailto:laertes@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: October 27, 2001 3:12 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: canadian brokers

Folks:
If you are living in Canada, has anyone found a good online
futures broker to use?. We are now barred from opening
accounts with IB and most other US firms. Excuse me if this
has been dealt with here before, but what have people done
to get around this? Any url's to previous discussions would
be appreciated.  The brokers in Canada are awful; high
commisions and less than cutting edge services. There is
only one direct access firm for stock trading.
(tradefreedom.com)
thanks
Dave