Re: Chaos theory

You are quoting me out of context.  If  "bad calls for the 90's"
refers to the identification of a cycle top of  an economic
and cultural cycle spanning centuries, an error rate of  13 years as
Bill suggested, would be insignificant *relative to that cycle*  and
would probably be considered the forecast of the century.  If you
decide to use such a forecast as a trade signal for your 1min chart
and an "opportunity" to lose your life savings, you can only blame one
person, and it is not  Prechter.

I did not say Prechter made "brilliant calls",  I  think he has a
brilliant intellect and I value his contribution of formulating a
scientific basis for the wave principle.  I am unaware of  any
specific market calls by Prechter, good or bad, aside from his "big
picture view".  I make my own "brilliant calls", but since it was
Elliott and Prechter who made me aware of fractals in financial
markets (years before Mandelbrot decided he discovered them) I give
them credit for my success.

BAK

Earth to Brigette:

> Prechter's "bad calls for the 90's"  neither
> invalidate him nor his method.

LOL.... unless you happen to be one of the poor saps who lost his life

savings betting on Prechter's brilliant calls. "I'm living in a van
down
by the river but I'll be right some day; you'll see."

--
  Dennis