Re: Strategy Problem - BUY on current bar not possible

You said you want control within the first 2 min.
Then use 1 minute bars.

Rewire your indicators to base on artificially constructed
30 min bar and indicators will do the job.

Lawrence

--- pooltreatments@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Lets say I am using 30 min bars in my strategy.
>
> I want to test the current bar to see if it takes out the high of the
> last bar with an IF statement.
>
> If it Does, I want to immediatly go LONG.
>
> The high could be taken out with the first 2 mins of the bar opening
> so i CANNOT wait untill the next bar to go long!
>
> Most of the ways to enter a position do so on the NEXT bar. The
> only one I could find that enters this bar is BUY but ...
>
> ·	Orders can be generated for:
> this bar on Close  <----------------------------------this is no use!
> next bar at Market
> next bar at PRICE Stop
> next bar at PRICE Limit
>

> ·	Limit orders can only be executed on the next bar
>
> How do you go LONG this bar at h[1] ??
> Regards
> Mike

=====
Lawrence Chan   http://www.tickquest.com
Transform market data into opportunities