Weird result with multiple 2 data streams

I have a signal that refers to a second data stream and therefore the code
references data2.

I then inserted an additional symbol, data3,  and  the results are
totally changed (by a factor of 2). I then ran a test by inserting another
symbol as data4 and then deleting data3 with the same result.

It is a very simple code, less than a dozen lines so I don't think I have
missed anything.

The PC is fine otherwise, win98se plenty of ram, any ideas as to what maybe
causing this to happen and is there any work around?

Mel