Re: Terror in the US

I doubt you'll see anything credible from so called "ranking authorities"--
and what little does surface will likely be self-serving gloss-over
rhetoric such as the recent commentaries from Iran and Pakistan-- either
vaguely supporting the U.S. retaliatory position or offering lip-service
toward condemning the actions of the WTC terrorists.

The following was posted here on 9/13 by someone named Chuck --  I think it
speaks volumes about the motivation of the terrorists.  Unless this type of
mis-guided thinking and fantasy motivation can be thwarted, Imo, there's
not much hope of reversing the trend that became evident on Sept. 11  --

--------------------------------
The portions of the Quran "in context" with Islamic terrorism clearly
direct followers of Islam to "struggle" (Jihad) to spread the word of God
throughout the world.  This "struggle" is meant to be peaceful unless met
with resistance.  Resistance develops when free, democratic nations are
given the choice to either: accept the law of the Quran; or pay a poll-tax
(Jazyah) to the governing Islamic group; or get beheaded.  These choices
cause people to oppose Islamic rule which automatically makes them "friends
of Satan" and not worthy to live.

Getting followers of Islam to risk their lives to spread the word of God
was bound to be difficult, so the Quran offers plenty of incentive.  Those
who die or martyr themselves in the "struggle" automatically go to
Paradise, are dressed in radiant robes, live in palaces and get numerous
houri (virgins for the purpose of sex).  Additionally, the "martyr" is
permitted to recommend 70 men for entry into Paradise.  It's no wonder
there is a waiting list of suicide bombers.  Lies, deception, treachery and
murder are all considered acceptable in the "struggle" against the "friends
of Satan".