RE: Re[2]: Avoid what Bin Laden wants?

Parsons wrote:

> CP> Its not effective to eliminate small disperse groups
of people
> CP> with mass bombings .... gulf war style, that's way to
> CP> indiscriminate. Covert operations (CIA, KGB, MI5 etc)
are needed
> CP> to eliminate, *the problem*. Trouble is; that takes
time, is
> CP> secretive and therefore gives the appearance that the
government
> CP> is doing nothing, is politically impotent and makes
really bad TV.

> Agreed. Perhaps we could select some obscure part of
Afghanistan with
> few or even no people, bring over the CNN crews, send in
massive air
> strikes, and put on a really good show of 'kicking butt'.

That could only be justified for political ends, that is,
good polling for the government. It wouldn't contribute to
solving the problem. Its just very expensive sabre rattling.
All to often in the NWO form of governance the methods are
the motives for the actions.

> In the meantime, untie the hands of the CIA, etc and let
them get on
> with the real work that needs doing. There has already
been some talk
> of reviewing the restrictions on these agencies - no
public protest so
> far, so it may happen. Takes time, though. To keep an
impatient US
> public happy, we might need to have a few CNN-worthy shows
until this
> gets running. If done well, these shows might also mislead
Bin Laden
> as to our real actions.
>
> Bin Laden operates in the shadows, we operate in the
shadows. He has
> cells, we have small groups. He does unexpected things, we
do
> unexpected things. He stirs up emotions, we pinpoint our
> disinformation and propaganda. He blends in, we blend in
(this is our
> hardest problem). If we start fighting *effectively*, at
his level, we
> would get him, and others. Israel has been pinpointing
attacks against
> individuals, for which they have been criticized. We could
learn from
> them.
>
> The real fight is a tough, nasty business - bribes,
assassinations,
> torture, many human rights violations, etc. To be
accepted, our agents
> will need to look like the scum of the earth, might have
to kill some
> people, maybe even some US citizens. Do we have the
stomach, and
> patience, for it?
>
> I suspect not, and we might need to classify such things
at very high
> levels so the public does not hear about them. As you say,
this part
> does not make good TV. We could then continue to present
the 'kick
> butt' image the public likes.

The "kick butt" image is just that, an image, an impression,
that's not relavant to the solution. To get the job done the
organisations that carry out covert operations have to be
empowered to act. The civilised world (what ever that means)
has to turn a blind eye and be able to live with the
consequences. Its about how actions propagate guilt, how
that guilt manifests itself and the public's propensity to
cope with it. Its the old "we don't want to be as bad as
them" thing.