Re: Avoid what Bin Laden wants?

ztrader wrote:

>Let's use some reasoning. If the Seals, Spetznaz, Special Forces, etc
>were not effective, they would have been disbanded, would they not?
>Somehow, they are still considered useful.

So you support their use on the basis of...  what?  The successes that we don't know about?  Their success preventing the disasters in Iran (hostage taking), Lebanon (Marine barracks), or eastern Africa (bombed embassies)?

Wait!  It must be that the British are a bunch of rocks!  They forgot to employ covert ops in their war against the IRA!  Now that they have covert ops as an option I guess they'll be running the IRA right out of business...  Darn!  Someone should have mentioned that option to them sooner!

Israel has perhaps the "best" covert operations organization that has ever existed.  They also have daily bombings in their streets.

All the best,

The Omega Man