Re: THE ANSWER

it's the oil (money/power) stupid!

ok, and religion.

"What is the cause of bin Laden's anger at the United States?

      In his case -- and in each of these countries, I think the roots are
slightly different -- but in his case, I think it traces back to his hatred
of America for what he considered our defiling sacred Saudi soil by sending
our troops to defend his country, paradoxically. This was a wealthy man of
privilege, well educated, but who really believed that Muslims could defend
themselves and should defend themselves. And when his king had to humiliate
the Arab and the Muslim peoples by asking infidels to come to their holy
land, their holy soil and fight for them, he was humiliated....."

source:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/interviews/miller.html

Were we defending Kuwait and Saudi Arabia because we were nice guys? Because
we agree with their ethics? Or because we wanted their oil? Where does bin
laden's money come from? It's western oil money paid to his dad through the
Saudi's. Sadam's money? Oil. Would we be involved in this conflict if not
for the oil, based only on our ethics? I doubt it. Would they have the money
to attack us if we had not given it to them for oil? NO!

George Washington said:
"in regards to foreign nations...to have with them as little political
connection as possible."
Source: http://www.virginia.edu/gwpapers/farewell/transcript.html

I'm not saying it's our fault, nor that the terrorists shouldn't be hunted
down and killed (they should!), but that we should at least be aware of the
roots of these problems and the mistakes we have made.

Pedro