Re: THE ANSWER, NOT (off topic)

> > Prosper writes:
> >
> > >Why don't those that do not believe in God just end this meaningless
> > >existence.
>
> Why? You said it's meaningless. No one else did.

It's a hypothetical progression! Sorry you didn't get it.

> > >Excuses by the anti-God types will be that they have a will to
> > >live, and have a some purpose to make something of themselves as an
> > >individual.
>
> You said that they are anti-God, You said that they will make excuses. No
> one else did.

It's a hypothetical progression! Sorry you didn't get it.

> > >My answer to which is, Why?
>
> First you make up the statements, then you start asking questions about
them
> ???
>
> > > Logically, there can be no purpose in anything that is purely an
> accident.
>
> You said that it's purely an accident. No one else did.

It's a hypothetical progression! Sorry you didn't get it.

> > >No matter what reason you find to exist it is going to be based on
> something
> > >mystical.
>
> You conclude that it MUST be based on something mystical. No one else did.

It's a hypothetical progression! Sorry you didn't get it.

> > > I bet that these anti types find a reason to live, that is a mystical
> belief in something.
>
> You're betting. No one else is.

It's a hypothetical progression! Sorry you didn't get it.

> How about this - Maybe we just don't know yet.

You said maybe we don't know. No one else did.

> Just like the time when we didn't know if the world was flat or round.
> Some people chose to subscribe to a flat earth belief and then made
> statements like
> if you don't agree the world's flat, then life must be meaningless for
you.
> or
> You must be anti-god if you think the world is not flat.

You said that too, no one else did. I'd say that the world was very
irregular.

> Not knowing is OK. It has happened throughout man's existence.
> Not knowing doesn't mean that you have to 'invent' something to fill the
> void.
> And It doesn't prevent you from seeing that what others have 'chosen' to
> fill
> the void is irrational and probably a collection of fairy tales.
>
> So until we do 'know', what's wrong with doing as OM does.?

Why? Why not die for the joy of it, it might be the biggest thrill of all.
In any event it doesn't matter if everything is an accident good, evil, it
is all moot.

I believe in God and in good and evil. Not to do so is a bitter thing when
carried to its conclusion. It is a leap of faith that makes life valuable
and gives reason to existence. That faith is a reinforcement to do good and
not evil.

To accuse all those that believe in God of being the cause of evil such as
terrorism is pure nonsense. It is like saying that those that believe in
electricity are the cause for war.

Many are afraid to say that they believe now days. That is why it is even
more important for it to be said.

Prosper