Re: God Bless America

Well with all due respect, I think you are missing something. The problem is
that there hasn't been any diplomatic effort, really. The US and Israel have
made up their mind on what to do and they don't care what anyone has to say.
Now we have to put up with the brainwashing attempts by the Prime Minister
of Israel and other friends of Israel when for quite some time now they have
been the problem and refuse to listen. For example, do you know how many
other nations supported the US and Israel on six resolutions involving
Palestine and the middle east back on December 1,2000?
Zero, and as much as 145 nations voting against Israel. This is something
they keep quiet. They have found a big brother who will help them bully
others around and they won't listen to anybody. Go to Press release GA/9838
of the United Nations. It is this kind of thing that makes for fertile
ground for terrorism. Diplomacy means listening to others, not giving them
lip service. The kind of dipolomacy that you are referring to is just that,
lip service. The friends of Israel in this country care more about Israel
than they do about this country and wake up in the morning asking what can
they do for Israel, not what can they do for this country. The result is
that it is the US and Israel vs the world on many middle east issues.  That
is not diplomacy. The folllowing is the URL for that paper
http://srch1.un.org/plweb-cgi/fastweb?state_id=1000599246&view=unsearch&numh
itsfound=1&query=ga%2F9838&&docid=2277&docdb=pr2000&dbname=web&sorting=BYREL
EVANCE&operator=adj&TemplateName=predoc.tmpl&setCookie=1
If that doesn't work go to www.un.org and search for GA/9838.

The other issue is our presence in Iraq. There is no question that the
leadership over there is incorrigible and that their country has made no
substantial changes in their war machine philosophy since they invaded
Kuwait, but, does that really justify that we should stay there monitoring
everything that they do(slapping their hand occasionally), and if we do,
what are the consequences? By virtue of the fact that we are still over
there occasionally making bombing runs means that we already are technically
at war. This gets lost on americans who end up watching the latest police
chase du jour at night instead of there being real discussion and concern
about these issues. I believe that we have worn out our welcome over there
in the middle east for a number of years. Meaning that we had the support of
all the nations when Iraq invaded Kuwait, but, if we took a poll right now
we would find that the other nations don't want us there. So, this becomes a
sticky issue that people have to really consider if you really want to do
what is best.  On the surface the middle east nations play along with us,
but, underneath some are seething. The only way you can read in to this is
by how they vote. We should have a policy that requires us to have support
for continued military intervention. This would require that we have
approval of the UN or neighboring nations when ever conflict and military
intervention extends for more than a year. We ought to continue to seek this
approval. If we don't then we are really arrogant, and, we hurt ourselves in
the long run.

I just listened to an interview of Henry Kissinger, and for the first time,
I felt that he had nothing of real value to say. I'm starting to see the
truth in him. He is a blind supporter of our support and alliance with
Israel. He and others like him want to brainwash the American public in to
believing that this is a war against terrorism. It is a diplomatic war and
if we were managing our foreign affairs well Israel would have to take a
back seat in ours. That is an option he doesn't want to consider. It is an
option Americans ought to consider.

I consider that the involvement of the US with Israel is analogous to
picking a favorite in a family feud(like the Hatfields and McCoys) and
expecting that the unchosen one will not be pissed and come after you. Good
luck.

We pulled one over on the British in 1776 when we started hiding behind
trees, now the only revenge that people can get is terrorism. There is no
buildings and no military to strike here.

Jim Bronke
Phoenix, AZ