Re: THE ANSWER

Here is what I wrote:
"If you are implying that those who believe in God are unwise...then do your
homework, history will prove that the agnostic view is foolish."

and you wrote:
> What proof? Where's the proof?

I gave you one example of James Madison being a very religious man and he
was not unwise.
If you study Communism which basically IS a form of Huminisiam and you will
see the failure of it.
Huminisiam can not abide in the "Utopia" that you describe, because of the
evil you fail to acknowledge....which is as long as there are men with
absolute power, they shall abuse others. In man abides this evil...and man
can not overcome it. Just look at the History books.....you blame it on the
mystic or doctrine.....I place the blame elsewhere. Do you think man doesn't
know that stealing is wrong? Do you think man doesn't know murder is wrong?
Yet man has done these things from the beginning, why?  Eradicating
religion/philosophy will not stop these things, so the blame cannot be
placed there.

The United States became one of the greatest countries in history....because
of the vision and conviction of  VERY religious men, they knew of the evil
of absolute power (that's why we have 3 branches of the government, and for
the Bill Of Rights, and ect, ect.....). All of the atrocities in history can
be traced to Men in power who deceive others with there philosophy,
religion, mysticism, whatever term you wish to use....and you believe that
the elimination of these will bring your Utopia.
You would still have the evil of the man. Look at history, all of the good
things also came from someone else's philosophy (see above example)! This
discussion is about YOUR philosophy.....there is no such thing as having a
philosophically free society. You believe man should be the highest belief
system. I believe in the God of our Forefathers whom wrote:
         "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable
Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"
    To enforce your belief would require that we couldn't even have this
discussion (because I believe in God...my belief would need to be
eliminated), but because we live in a country that has the views of our
Forefathers.....we can have this discussion in peace.
It is these things (freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the
press, the right to bear arms, ect, ect..) that make this the best Country
in the world. The humanistic fantasy that you describe is flawed in its
logic.... simply because there cannot be people with-out philosophy /
religion / belief system.
    Adam Hefner