Re[4]: THE ANSWER

  • To: "Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re[4]: THE ANSWER
  • From: Jim Johnson <jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:03:32 -0700

Hello Gary,

I'm guardedly optimistic.  Things can be done but clearly no instant
pudding, no check-mate strategems.  The battle must be waged on many
levels in many ways.

One other thought that has preoccupied in recent days--how pivotal in
the affairs of men tolerance is.  Or maybe better understood in terms
of the evil of intolerance.  Freedoms of life, speech, religion are
premised on  "live and let be" .   Islamic fanatics clearly hav
adopted a zero tolerance philosophy.    That leaves the more tolerant
cultures and societies no choice but to extreme measures.  The
difference is that tolerant cultures let others live and let be after
they win.  I've concluded you can't tolerate intolerance when it is a
threat to one's liberty.

--
Best regards,
 Jim                            mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx