Re: trading thoughts

http://www.cme.com/news/shownews.cfm?NewsItem=00043D1F-B6D7-1B9F-A13880EDBEF
B0911

      Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. To Resume Normal Trade In Most
Products On Thursday, Sept. 13

      CHICAGO, Sep. 12, 2001 -- Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. (CME)
announced that floor trading of its interest rate, foreign exchange and
commodity markets and its Nikkei 225 equity index futures and options
contracts will resume at their normal times tomorrow, Sept. 13. Electronic
markets will re-open at the same time as open outcry trading.

      A decision regarding the re-opening of U.S. equity index products is
being coordinated with other U.S. financial markets and regulatory agencies
and will be announced as soon as it is determined. Trading of the Nikkei 225
will resume tomorrow in order to accommodate the last trading day of the
expiring September contract.

      A moment of silence will be observed on CME's trading floors at 11:00
a.m. (Central time) to recognize the victims and survivors of yesterday's
tragic events.

      Due to heightened security measures, all persons entering CME will be
required to enter the Monroe St. doors at 30 S. Wacker Drive and to present
appropriate identification through the rest of this week. CME's Visitors
Galleries will be closed for the rest of the week. The building's parking
garage will open be open from 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and only those with
building identification and parking stickers will be permitted in the
garage. CME officials recommend that members and staff arrive early to allow
for the additional security measures.

      CME has established a recorded telephone line for information about
CME's markets and business operations:: 312/930-2324. The recording will be
updated as there are new developments. News releases and updates are also
posted on CME's Web site, www.cme.com.

      In coordination with other U.S. financial markets, CME open outcry and
electronic markets remain closed until tomorrow morning. Trading in all of
CME's markets was suspended as of 9:15 a.m. Sept. 11. Open outcry trading in
CME's U.S. equity and agricultural products did not take place yesterday.
Electronic trading on GLOBEX2 of equity markets was suspended as of 8:30
a.m. yesterday.

Patrick White