RE: Portfolio backtesting: Behold

I've been checking out Behold! at www.bhld.com.

I'm not a user, so the below comments/observations are
gleaned from extensive web site:

1.  Generally seems powerful, including portfolio
optimization & money management optimization.  Conceptually,
Behold! uses a spreadsheet, and you can create & use most
anything in any column.

2.  Coding / language reminds me very much of System Writer
(this was mentioned in prior posts), which I worked with for
several years, & had at least 3 copies; things like VarA,
Cond1, HighestHigh function, etc. -- even the familiar
"Excellent" when verifying a signal.

3.  Variables are named VarA-VarZ, and are global throughout
the model.  Conditional variables, Cond1-Cond26, are
accessed only within the rules. You can, however, create
"Advanced User Functions" where you can essentially assign a
new name to VarZ, backwards to VarA.  But these names can
only be used within the User Function.  Thus, user named
variables are not permitted within trading rules.

4.  Conditional clauses may NOT be nested, "so there is at
most one IF per rule, and when used it is the first word in
the rule."

5.  Calculations may have an ELSE clause, but not trading
rules.

6.  "Most of the trade information items are available for
the current trade and up to 7 trades back."

7. Optimizing:  only VarA, VarB, & VarC can be used.  Vars
D - Z can't be varied by the optimizer.

8.  It is not clear to me whether you can pyramid within a
system, or if that requires a second model.

In my System Writer days I had a programmer work with me for
months, creating code both within SW & massaging output with
awk, etc, to get  combined portfolio / drawdown results.
Behold! seems to have some of the old limitations, which
probably can still be worked around, perhaps within Behold!
itself.

But I don't see a workaround to the max of 3 variables for
optimization. (I think even System Writer had 10.)

I'd like to hear from any Behold! users regarding above.