Re: No more 2000i in the US

I  felt compelled to reply to Bob Bolotin's Power ST
infomercial. (Bob, please don't take this as a personal
attack, but I've received valuable info on the list, and
sometimes am able to proffer info in return.)

I had rather extensive negotiations with Bob in April-May,
2000.  Much of what he is promising now, he was promising
about 1 1/2 years ago.  For instance, for $ 20,000 (my
suggestion) he thought he could change his priorities to add
intra-day support.

He wanted a nondisclosure agreement to see a demo.  Even
though he has a web site, and "promotes" the product, I had
to agree not to even mention the name of the product to
potential competitors.

In short, Bob may be a very capable programmer, although the
12+ years he has been developing PowerST, and still "in the
current prerelease period" seems a bit excessive even to an
obsessive as myself.

I'll let Bob speak:
"There are competitors out there (and I think every one of
them has approached  me at one time or another trying to get
information about PowerST). "

" My post was not a product announcement, but rather I was
casually saying that there is another alternative emerging.

Alternative to TS?  Yet,
" PowerST is current end of day data only.
 " PowerST is strictly a testing platform. ... There is no
real time charting (and probably never  will be )"

" Fact is I would take on 1 or 2 more customers at this time
if I could find
 people willing to start with the current feature set."

"Also, to be direct about it, 'prerelease' means  there are
still some features missing. In particular, charting is not
working yet."

Yes, after 12+ years, the replacement for TS does not have
charting.

IMO, the $5,000 price --and 1 1/2 years ago Bob was asking
for the full price, even though it was "unfinished
software"-- should only be considered if you realize it may
take many more years before PowerST is useable for extensive
intra-day testing & analysis.