RE: No more 2000i in the US

Well, we have already seen EL lose its status as a defacto standard, that
has been seen in the TASC articles a long time, where more and more often EL
and pictures from Tradestation is not used, and the demand is to explain
article code in for example Excel instead of EL.

This will continue since Omega do not consider EL an important part of their
plattform. Their main target is people buying the platform and data and
buying from some simple indicators or bought systems, not system developers
(this is the current switch, because Omega started from the opposite,
dedicated traders willing to spend time to find the trading systems to use,
from System writer, and then onto TS 4). Problem with those dedicated
traders is they are rare, they buy once, do not want to upgrade unless
absolutely necessary for their trades and do not but add-ons more than
seldom, their main investment is their time. The customers Omega go after
now exist in hiogher numbers, buy, upgrades, buy add-ons frequently and
support the whole third party deliverer scheme that Omega also earns a lot
of money from. They frequently give up so they will seldom notice the
inconsistency problem caused by Omegas way of doing updates.

As I see it, we have not seen the de facto standard arise yet. We can see EL
going backwards and we can see from Omega behaviour that it will go a lot
further back. When the articles themselves start to frequently use whatever
new standard as the way to describe their logic, with screen shots, then we
have the new standard. Might be a lot of different vendors at this time, the
one best positioned seems to be Metastock but their language is not good
enough so there need to come a new version of that first.

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.