RE: No more 2000i in the US

I think we will get the same support as before, which is very little except
from this list, which is excellent. The problem with SP6 is that even if it
emerges, the risk is that it leaves or introduces bugs that are not going to
be fixed in any SP7. If Tradestation is good enough for your needs in
current SP, keep it. If not, return it, never rely on Omega´s future
support. That has been true for many years but even more so now.

Same thing goes for Tradestation Pro. They will exchange that for
Tradestation Enterprise long before it is free of bugs, it is part of their
history and mentality. So also TS PRO users will suffer the consequences of
coming decisions, but those decisions will hurt more than to the old TS
users, since old TS users has been able to go on without Omega´s support,
unlike TS PRO users.

The most interesting thing is I think they have made a misjudgement. They
used to survive due to Easy Language being the standard and reference for
system writers in magazines. That has changed and they themselves are not
pushing Easy Language. This will mean some other standard will pop up as the
standard in the magazines. When that happens, the automatic
support/sales/recognition Omega has received due to Easy language dies, and
so does Tradestation development.

There will remain a lot of users of TS4 and TS2000 (they will survive also
when Omega disconnects TS PRO, which TS PRO owners suddenly will realise
they will not). I will be one of the remaining users. But remaining users
will add to their platform until one day they realise that they could
actually swap to something else, so much is depending on other part
solutions than TS. I would say that the only part where I am today relying
on TS is for the flexibility and ease of use of the graphics. When I no
longer will find new ideas expressed in Easy Language but in VB, C++, EDS,
... I will simply change from the TS platform to something else that allows
me to graphically view and study ideas.

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.