Re: RANKINGS was Is it time to find a BETTER toolbox?

  • To: Patrick Gamble <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: RANKINGS was Is it time to find a BETTER toolbox?
  • From: Jack Griffin <jack_2231@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:48:46 -0700

Pat, my ranking was based upon the expectation of
where the product was relative to the others, not the
error in my knowledge of the ordering.  If you want
that filter in just go to the reader's choice (i.e.
popularity contest) awards that Sweeny et al. dump out
each year.

My goal was to offer what I know and get feedback on
where I was probably wrong.   Gary's comments for
instance were very useful---I didn't know about
Neoticker's limitations.  This is exactly the type of
thing this list is for.

Jack