Off topic- Backups

Hello all;

I use Win Me and have been trying to use the built in backup software to
backup my 30 gig C drive that has about 10 gigs of data on it to my empty 30
gig D drive. I am rewarded with the error message "The backup file has
reached the maximum size allowed by the file system. Please retry the
operation with smaller backups or backup to a different device."

As if that isn't bad enough, using Norton Ghost to copy gets me the message
that reads in part "insert next media" after the file gets to the size of
two gigs. Both drives are FAT 32 and I have never heard of a file size
limitation.

I know that I could simply copy the C drive to the D drive, but there are
always a few files that don't get copied, not to mention the registry.

I'm looking for a convenient way to do a complete backup and then periodic
new and changed backups so that the day that I need to restore, I won't have
to spend hours reinstalling app after app, etc.

My questions:
Is there a file size limit with FAT 32?

If not, why might I be getting the error messages?

What are the best ways to do a through backup of one drive to another?

Thanks much,

Daniel Poiree
Bellingham WA
360 733-0068