Fixes for Historybank.com

A number of fellows have posted that they are having problems getting
Historybank.com to properly retrieve refresh data.

Below is a solution path that has a good chance of clearing up the problem
for you, if you are a 2000i SP 5 user.  These fixes may also work for TS Pro
users, but I have no knowledge of that software.

First, I express thanks to Sam Kutbi at OR tech support, and to Mark Brown
who posts refresh data at Http://www.markbrown.com/data/

My problem was that when attempting to download with 2000i SP 5 from
Historybank.com, I would get a message at the bottom of the Global server
that said: "Download complete", when in fact no data has been downloaded.

First, get the historybank.com knowledge base printout at
http://www.tradestation2000i.com/support/

1)  The cause of the problem may be two or three corrupted/damaged files
that reside at C:\Program Files\Omega Research\Server\ORMD

2)  Check to be sure you have three files in ORMD:

ORMDIIL.DAT                 1827
Ormdiilu.DAT                     1827
StockTypes.txt                    160

and one folder named Data

The three files in ORMD that OR sent me that work are attached to this post
in case your files are not of the same size.

If your files are not of the same size, that is a sign that your originals
are either damaged or corrupted, which was the case for me.

It is wise to keep duplicate copies of these files in a safe location, in
case corruption recurs.

If you have doubts about these files, use your favorite file manager (most
likely your windows explorer utility) to replace them with the three
attached files.  They go into the folder ORMD.

3)  Another cause of the problem may be that the Data folder within ORMD has
accumulated too much refresh data from previous downloads.  Clean out
(delete) all files that may reside within C:\Program Files\Omega
Research\Server\ORMD\Data from previous downloads.  It may be wise in the
future to do this routinely after a successful download.

4)  Another cause of the problem may be the use of a proxy server.  If you
are using a proxy server for your internet connection, see the knowledge
base printout on Historybank.com.

5)  Sam Kutbi at OR tech support recommends getting your computer hooked up
to the internet before you try to download from Historybank.com.

I first run my dialer, and make sure that I can see my home page displayed
in Internet Explorer, before I attempt a Historybank download from the
Global Server

This may not be necessary, since in theory, when you click File - Download
from Historybank.com, your system should dial and connect to the internet.
But it can slip up somehow.

That's it.  I hope this post helps you solve your Historybank.com problems.

Peter Hoon

;ORMD Stock Type file
;New entries must be added as a number,text  Example "1,.A"
;
1,.A
2,.B
3,.EC