Re: TS4 For Sale

I don't think the _buyer_ would be in any trouble at all.  If the buyer is
buying the original software then I don't think there are any piracy issues
involved.

But if the seller's licensing agreement says the software is
non-transferrable, then it would be the _seller_ that could get into trouble
by reselling it.

Just like if I make you promise not to forward this email to anyone -- but
you do it anyway.  The person that receives it from you isn't in trouble,
just you.  :-)

Recently there were several copies (originals, that is) of Tradestation for
sale on E-bay and all of a sudden the auctions all disappeared.  I wrote to
one of the sellers and he said Omega Research had notified Ebay that the
software licensing agreement those sellers had forbid reselling the
software.  So Ebay just pulled the auctions.  That's all Ebay ever told the
seller and the seller never heard anything from Omega Research directly.

I still see Tradestation go up for auction on Ebay now and again.  I've
never followed through to see if those auctions are getting pulled or make
it to completion.

Aaron