Re: CatScan - MindFire Systems

At 4:58 AM +0000 6/26/01, Jody Ellis wrote:

>I also use the contract settings as per the TradeStation universe dictionary.
>
>This is where my question comes in...does anybody know of any serious mistakes in the universe dictionary that could be leading to these errors? Or, can somebody offer me another solution to help me obtain the advertised results?

There are mistakes in the Symbol Universe Dictionary. Some are just
sloppiness and some are because the contract specifications change
from time to time. You should always verify the parameters with the
exchanges before using them.

More important in this case is what parameters were used to generate
the website data.

I suggest that you discuss this with the people who sell the CatScan
system and tell them that you are attempting to duplicate the results
posted on their website.

They should be able to give you the symbol universe parameters and
even the data they used.

Hopefully they will be cooperative and will help you do it. Reputable
vendors will usually help you do this.

If not, you could discuss this with the CFTC.

Bob Fulks