From: "Jack Griffin" <jack_2231@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "DH" <catapult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Omega List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: Warning: all historybank.com data seems stamped 1 minute late.

--- DH <catapult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Their 09:31am bars, for
> > instance, seem to reveal what happened between
> > 09:30:00 and 09:30:59.
>
> TS (and many other programs) has always been that
> way. It's working
> exactly like it's supposed to. There isn't any
> "correct" way to note bar
> times and the only "fault" is yours for not
> realizing it sooner.
>
> RTFM..... :-)

But it should be consistent at least.  Consider daily
bars ... pull up your daily chart on the s&p.  Notice
that huge blip on January 4th 2000?  No?  You thought
'reamspan cut rates on January 3rd 2000?  Well he did,
but with their method it should show up on the 4th.
See my point?  If the market crashes on a Friday I
don't want it showing up on Monday's bar.  Moving back
to faster time scales ... if you want to be consistent
you should use the start time.  .  The first 1 minute
bar should be 9:30, not 9:31.  That is how qcharts and
the rest of the world does it and that is the right
way imo.  The last bar should be 15:59.  I think TS
got it wrong.  And I think we need to get them to fix
it before sp6 (the final sp) is frozen.  Until then,
what happened to me could happen to anyone testing
fast systems.

Jack