Re: TRAD announces autoexecution

Thinking a little more about it, and depending on how they set it up, it
might not be too bad for futures traders.

Point 1, phone backup:
John Lothian mentioned that TRAD is now an IB for Lind Waldock. Lind has
an excellent phone infrastructure so, *IF* they structure it properly,
you should be able to call Lind to check on the status of an order,
cancel it or place a new one, in case of a system failure. OTOH, if you
have to call TRAD with order problems, fuggedaboudit.

Point 2, who holds your money:
Presumably, Lind/Refco would hold the money so we wouldn't need to worry
about the Cruz boys running back to Cuba with it. The main risk would be
losses due to system failures.

Point 3, autopilot execution:
One would hope that the software would have an option to require the
user to confirm orders before they go over the wire.

We'll see. I'll let somebody else be the beta tester. If it runs
smoothly for a a year or so, I may dip my toe in. :-)

--
  Dennis