Re: Data OverLoad?

Mark,

SP comstock together with bid/ask ticks on all stock,
future and indexes, without any options. peak at
15 million ticks a day during these few months.

BUT with options, no bid/ask => the peak is upto
25 million ticks on some day.

DTN should report about the same I guess.

Did turn on the bid/ask for options on stocks.
And that blown off my M3 before I realize I
need to set the limit higher. Never turn that on
any more.

-Lawrence

--- Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello omega-list,
>
> after suffering from a lack of data recently i tried
> dtn satellite. it
> is  very  fast  and  it  has all the obscure indexes
> i love.  anyway i
> checked ok the templates for futures, cash and
> indexes.  wow over 5000
> symbols  found  their  way  in  ok, i'm feeling good
> have been running
> flawlessly   for  a  few days.  so i decided i would
> take the lazy way
> out  and  ad  the  best  bid,  best  ask, bid tick
> and ask tick to the
> template  (cause  i  didn't want to do the symbols
> one at a time) well
> the  day  isn't  over  yet  and  i am currently
> placing an order for a
> pallet of 80 gig hd's to handle the zillion's of
> ticks i have received
> this morning.
>
> who dares me to flip the stock template on?
>

> --
>
> Have Great Day,  Mark Brown
>
> °¨¨°şİ[ WWW.MARKBROWN.COM ]İş°¨¨°

=====
Lawrence Chan                http://www.tickquest.com
Home of trading tools NeoBreadth and NeoTicker series