Systems and Psychology

I hear a lot here about price distributions, system
characteristics and their shifting modalities. On the other
hand, doesn't the basic psychology of market participants
remain fairly constant over time? Certainly their tools
improve but their (our) fear and greed does not change
much. I would imagine that as a trader becomes more mature
in the market that they enter different levels of
psychology till they become "professional." But, there is
always a new influx of beginners to take their place, the
80% losers.

So, do any of the systems in the Futures magazine top 10
list capture that non-shifting psychology or are they all
shallow mathematical/predictave price distribution engines?
Any "psychology based" systems out there for comparison?

   rudolf stricker