Re: System Performance (philosophy)

>I indeed venture to ask
> what would have happened if we had 10,000 monkeys
> trade 10,000 different accounts.  Then picked the top
> 100 monkeys and sent their audited results to future
> magazine (not telling them who these furry traders
> really are).  How differently would that chart have
> looked
                    <...SNIP...>
>The latter is where brokers'
> employees duplicate the trades of the most profitable
> accounts. (Or in some cases, do the opposite of
> consistent losers.)  Since these guys can
> simultaneously trade 100s of accounts and their equity
> curve is as flat as a ruler.

Probably where the concept of "Spank the Bad Monkey, Feed the Good Monkey"
came from.

To this way of thinking, rather than attempt to make any one system so
universally auto-adaptive, there might be an element of "bringing the right
securities" to the table, or that auto-scanning be part of that "Holy
Grail". No matter how robust the system, the design is tailored for a price
distribution characteristic of some kind, and if the security isn't
behaving, then chuck it and bring in another? Perhaps the ultimate "trading
the equity curve".

And if all the coins come up "heads" then no one is to blame.

Best regards,

Gene Pope