Re: How to shrink TS4 data file?

>I have just removed a number of data files from TS4, but the disk data
>file seems not to get any smaller. How can I compress it / make it
>smaller?

Gee, if you remove a file, its size usually goes to zero. :)

But assuming you really meant that you removed some items from
your portfolio, you've run into the old faq about why 40bonn.dat
never gets any smaller.  You need to copy out what you want to
save, then remove the old 40bonn.dat, then paste in the stuff
from step 1.  Be sure to do it with the offline server, and
backup along the way to your taste.  After you've done the last
paste-in operation, it's a good idea to stop the server, remove
the 40bonn.idx file (and any 40bonn5.xxx files), then restart
the offline server so it can rebuild that index file.

Jim