AOL question

As most of you know, the list does not permit HTML posting.
>From time to time it seems AOL members have particular
difficulty setting their mailers to send plain text mail.
I'd like to help these folks, but I don't use AOL myself
and there don't seem to be any technical support addresses
available---their "postmaster" website gives a telephone
number, but I'm afraid I don't have time to devote to this
issue on the telephone.  Nor do I see a topic on their FAQ
page "how to send plain text email."  What a surprise... :)

If any AOL list members would care to share the secret of
how to send plain text mail, I'd appreciate it.  One list
member in particular is using AOL 6, and has been trying to
post a meeting announcement without success.

--
jimo@xxxxxxxxxx
maintainer of the omega list