Dual Processors

I can't speak for more than 2 processor's, but my dual processor setup has
made a difference. I went from a single 733Mhz Pentium 3 processor to a dual
933Mhz Pentium 3 system with the same 512MB of RAM, using Windows 2000.

I am an active stock trader running TS2000i with 100+ of the most active
stocks, each in a chart with a system applied. Before I upgraded to the dual
processor setup, my computer would often lock up (i.e., become unresponsive
to user input) and I would have to just sit there and not do anything. If
you had to edit a bad tick (which is often for stocks) you were in trouble.
Now with the dual processor system it's always responsive and never freezes.
I edit bad ticks all day long without a problem. Also, I can add indicators
to my charts and draw trend lines without a problem.

I always run the Windows 2000 Performance monitor to watch my cpu and disk
usage. During the day (around 11:30am EST) cpu0 is averaging 12% usage and
cpu1 is averaging 4% usage. During busy times, cpu0 will average 28 to 38%
usage while cpu1 will average 8 to 14% usage. They're not perfectly
balanced, but it does make a big difference. With my old setup (i.e., the
single processor) during the first and last 30 minutes of the day my cpu
usage would frequently be locked at 100%. Now I'll rarely go over 50%
(ignoring occasional spikes).

Just my 2 cents.
Val