XEON Processor better for TS ?

Anyone had experience running TS2K or TS4 on a Xeon processor?  Am
considering getting a new computer to replace my Pentium III-550, and
have read the Pentium III XEON 850 MHz processor (with 1024 MB of L-2
cache on the chip die) will still run rings around a Pentium 4 1.5 GHz
chip.

Xeons are used primarily in servers--I presume for the heavy I/O and
number-crunching requirements...both of which seem very relevant to my
TS setup, in which I'm collecting real-time tick data on the entire NYSE
and having about 80 charts open, with indicators and strategies applied.

thanks
-Ian MacAuslan

--

imacauslan@xxxxxxxxxxxx