Re: Continuous Data

Jim:

Try Tim Morge's site for a good start in the ascii data
(www.medianline.com).

For creating continuous contracts from real time data, you
can use the data window from a chart with the time frame of data you
want to save and no indicators active, then R click on the data window and
"send to file" to save the data to a text file.  Then just use two open
windows of Wordpad and copy and paste from the new data just saved (from the
data window) to the other wordpad which has your continuous contract open.

You can easily create a new data file by using wordpad.  Transfer the data
to wordpad by using a save as proceedure to text format.  Once you have it
saved, copy the
target address of the file and use the "insert price data" (ts4) or "insert
symbol" in ts5.  Assuming you have ts5, click on "3rd party directory" and
"new directory".  Click "ascii" and "browse".  Once you have the new
directory, your file should be listed under symbol in the "insert symbol"
window.  Then just choose the correct data settings and you should be able
to plot the chart.

You can manually update the file by saving and
closing the workspace, transfering the new data to the wordpad CC file, and
then reopening
the workspace once you have the new data saved.

Don