DTN tidbits (was: advancing issues symbol?)

Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>while i'm at it attention DTN users has anyone experienced the DTN
>global server just shutting down by itself during what seems to be
>at random?  i wonder if this could be comm port related?  i have a
>high speed serial card on the way.  this is the first time i have
>used DTN and it looks pretty good (so far).

I've been using DTN for a few weeks now, with some non-Omega products,
and I'd strongly suggest using the ethernet port over a HS serial card,
if you possibly can.  It's been rock solid, and since networking
drivers are all set up for high speed and buffering, a lot of problems
just go away.  I must say, I'm very impressed with DTN after all
those years with DBC.  I'm not so impressed with any of the software
that works with it.

>also for those who didn't know, that www.dynastorelight.com product
>is pretty slick.  they have a virtual comm port for ts4 that will
>feed the www.quote.com data directly into ts4 without using 100
>percent of the system resources as ts4 does now.
>== now let me set you strait i have no affiliation with the owners
>ect. of dynastore, i am not yet a customer either. but i have to hand
>it to the guy he is making GREAT BIG advancements to getting me VERY
>interested in using the quote.com - dynastore setup (at least as a
>backup)  this  product has come a long way baby!  now if quote.com can
>only get their act together and stay stable..

I've heard that Dynastore is working on a converter from DTN to TS 4.0.
That'd be a real winner, I think.  I'm glad to hear good things
about Dynastore from Mark---maybe soon we'll have the best combo I
know of: DTN satellite feeding TS 4.0.

Jim