Re: Take exception

Try install Windows NT v4 sp6 instead.

ALL applications developed based on MFC are outdated
programs as MS put it, "aged technology" and MS
is hoping all developers to drop MFC in favor of
their newer class libraries for programming.

If you use WinNT - the stability will increase
for MFC specific applications.

MFC is a tool library for writing programs
for Windows including the graphical user interface
objects that you see on the screen ... so moving
away from MFC is almost impossible for most
developers who have invested large amount of code
in it already. v4.2 is something from 2 years ago :)

-Lawrence

--- "Dave..." <denglish@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Recently installed Windows 2000 Pro with Ts32 build
> 822 and has worked
> well for few months except for the occasional
> "Program Error" and
> it mentions that ts32.exe has generated errors and
> will be closed by
> Windows. Cant seem to find the error log it referes
> to.
>
> Today it was a "fatal exception" and received this
> message below so
> after rebooting, it wasnt an hour and I received the
> old program
> error message again.
>
> Can anyone give me an insight as what to do to cure
> this.
> It was a fresh install and collect emini, nasdaq and
> a few indices
> so its certainly not over worked.
>
> Regards
>
> Dave...
>

> Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
> Fault address:  6C37136E 01:0000036E
> C:\WINNT\system32\MFC42.DLL
>
> Registers:
> EAX:001DB92D
> EBX:0045A8B0
> ECX:005EF7AC
> EDX:00000001
> ESI:04111008
> EDI:0D01040C
> CS:EIP:001B:6C37136E
> SS:ESP:0023:001276E8  EBP:00127718
> DS:0023  ES:0023  FS:003B  GS:0000
> Flags:00010202
>
> Call stack:
> Address   Frame
> 6C37136E  00127718  Ordinal3848+1E
> 6C374FB5  0012779C  Ordinal2859+12
> 6C371CEA  001277BC  Ordinal6374+22
> 6C371C73  0012781C  Ordinal1109+74
> 6C371BFB  00127838  Ordinal1578+2A
> 6C371BBA  00127864  Ordinal1579+39
> 77E13EB0  00127884  SetTimer+435
> 77E1591B  001278A0  GetMonitorInfoW+9C
> 77E1595D  001278C8  GetMonitorInfoW+DE
> 77F9FB83  00127910  KiUserCallbackDispatcher+13
> 6C38366E  00127980  Ordinal4874+19
> 6C371FB5  001279F8  Ordinal5163+2A9
> 6C371CEA  00127A18  Ordinal6374+22
> 6C371C73  00127A78  Ordinal1109+74
> 6C371BFB  00127A94  Ordinal1578+2A
> 6C371BBA  00127AC0  Ordinal1579+39
> 77E13EB0  00127AE0  SetTimer+435
> 77E1591B  00127AFC  GetMonitorInfoW+9C
> 77E1595D  00127B24  GetMonitorInfoW+DE
> 77F9FB83  00127BC4  KiUserCallbackDispatcher+13
> 77E192DA  0051100C  DispatchMessageA+B

=====
Lawrence Chan                http://www.tickquest.com
Home of trading tools NeoBreadth and NeoTicker series