Re: advancing issues symbol?

Hello  Feivy,

F> Being relatively new to the list, it has finally come to the point where
F> I, too, wish to check out the famous Oddball system. Can anyone tell me
F> where I can get the advancing issues data? Does Historybank have it? And
F> what is the e-signal symbol for it?

http://www.markbrown.com/adv.omz   there is the historical adv data in
signal format.

and i think the symbol for signal is $adv

while  i'm  at  it  attention DTN users has anyone experienced the DTN
global  server  just  shutting  down by itself during what seems to be
at  random?   i  wonder  if this could be comm port related?  i have a
high speed serial card on the way.  this is the first time i have used
DTN and it looks pretty good (so far).

also for those who didn't know, that www.dynastorelight.com product is
pretty  slick.   they  have a virtual comm port for ts4 that will feed
the  www.quote.com data directly into ts4 without using 100 percent of
the  system  resources  as ts4 does now.  i am posting the below from
their web site.

If you're wortking with Omega 4 (Tradestation 4 or Supercharts 4), you
may be interested in decreasing of the CPU interrupts caused by the
intensive use of the COM ports. We offer Direct Output to Omega 4
Module for an additional price. Working in this mode, Dynastore does
not need any COM ports and the cable. Instead of this it creates
Virtual COM port and Omega 4 works with it as with the regular COM
port.

also if your like me and need historical data sometimes they have this
product.

Dynaloader for QFeed is the special program that utilizes the ability
of QFeed servers to download the tick and daily history. Dynaloader
uses Dynastore Portfolio files and the user input to download the
needed history data. Then it creates OMZ (Omega Zip) files that may be
imported into Omega Server for Signal or Global Server to fill out the
gaps in your data. Also Dynaloader can insert the downloaded data into
Equis Realtime Database (Realtime Folder) or create plain ASCII files
to import the data into other charting packages. You may read more
details about Dynaloader in it's Online Help.

another cool feature is the portfolio importer so you don't have to do
this manually. see below

The built-in Portfolio Editor allows user to import the symbol list
from Omega 4 and 2000i Servers and from Equis realtime folders.
Additionly, user can create the artificial symbols, for example, for
the continuous Futures contracts.

== now let me set you strait i have no affiliation with the owners
ect. of dynastore, i am not yet a customer either. but i have to hand
it to the guy he is making GREAT BIG advancements to getting me VERY
interested in using the quote.com - dynastore setup (at least as a
backup)  this  product has come a long way baby!  now if quote.com can
only get their act together and stay stable..

mark

--

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com