EOD Trading Software Recommendations

  • To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: EOD Trading Software Recommendations
  • From: "Brian J. Hafner" <bjh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 16:23:19 -0700

I'm trying to decide whether to buy TS2000i.  Before I do that, I'd like
to know if anyone is willing to recommend other trading software
packages that I should look at first.  TS2000i is a bit pricey for me,
especially since I am only interested in end-of-day trading.  I'm
looking for a package that supports a programming language for trading
systems and can backtest those systems.

I purchased SuperCharts v2.1 quite a few years back and liked it -
especially since you could extend the forced if-then functionality to
write general Easy Language systems as well as link to external DLL's.
However, since Y2K, I haven't been able to get SuperCharts v2.1 to load
from my old diskettes.

There appears to be an EOD SuperCharts version still available, but I
have not had
much luck getting information on it.  Does it allow general use of Easy
Language?

I own TC2000 and I've looked at MetaStock and Amibroker.

What else should I investigate?

Any guidance provided will be very much appreciated.