From: Fred [mailto:srqblue@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Domingo, 27 de Maio de 2001 15:47
To: Luis Mota
Cc: Omega List
Subject: HELP ! : TS2000i Gann Fan tool Question ???

On Sun, 27 May 2001 12:53:13 +0100, Luis Mota wrote:

>Pattern should be one of the answers to your 'Gann Fann' questions, which
by
>the way, TS is no good for - change something on your chart, like bar
>spacing and TS will ruin the study! If you want  to trade Gann-style, like
>me, use a proper program for the effect...

and

>By the way, Gann is VERY effective as your leading indicator, unfortunately
>it's not for sale as your ordinary computerized trading system...

Luis,

Thanks for jumping in with your experience.  I hope you can help me
see better what TS is failing to do.

When I set up a Gann Fan, with a setting of "Up right", 20.00 points
per bar anchored at the NDX low on 04/04/01 of 1348.52 and same
date/bar anchored at price 2771.63 (the 1/24/01 high) with 20.000
points per bar and "Down right", the 1x1 lines intersect at about
5/24/01.  No matter how much I change bar spacing, or scaling, on the
chart the intersection remains at 5/24/01. My expectation has been
that if I  replicate drawing the chart on paper as Gann did, then the
failure is my own misunderstanding of Gann, not the charting.  I
thought I had solved the charting problem by getting the intersection
to remain fixed as the spacing and scaling changed.  My remaining
problem would appear to be making sure that my 1x1's points per bar
was arrived at correctly for the asset I am following.   You suggest
that I have another problem inherent in the charting display.  I hope
it is limited to TS 4.0, but if it exists in 2000i, I need to figure
it out right away,

Fred

"Success is the only test of genius" -R.Adm Daniel Gallery 1901-1977