Re: More than 512MB RAM a benefit?

Furthermore, DDR has been a big disappointment.  The best it could do was about
a 7% improvement over SDRAM......and that was only for SOME specific
tests.....IOW, ideal conditions.  On most apps there was NO performance pop.

In short, going DDR is very questionable.....especially given the price premium
it has over SDRAM.

I'm switching over to almost exactly the same setup next week (Athlon 1.2ghz,
256MB SDRAM, Asus A7V133) so I had to do a lot of research.<G>

Instead of loading everything into one machine, I'm getting another to handle
web, email, office apps and hooking them in a network to share the cable modem
and other peripherals.  To save space, I'm also going LCDs for the TS4 machine.
You might want to consider that.

My only concern is I've heard that Athlons are not always agreeable with W2K.
That has been a problem for some people.  Could anybody else share their
experience with this setup?